Thursday, March 31, 2011

87 Miles in March

That's my total on the elliptical. N made it to 100, but I did not. He didn't think it was that great of an accomplishment, but I do. It's a goal he set and made. I wasn't sure about doing it in a month, but now that I know how close I came, maybe it will become a routine. April will be really hard with spring break and our trip to MN. We will see how it goes.
I am really enjoying my time on the elliptical. I started doing 7 miles a day. Not every day is a 7 mile day, but it's great when it becomes that. I am feeling better than I have in a long time. I have been thinking of all those who I've either worked out with in the past, or just inspired me over the years. I wanted to list all their names. N is my biggest supporter, through everything. He has been great from day one.
I have to some credit of my mileage to Pink. I just discovered her. Although I usually do not seek out music with swear words, somehow it doesn't seem to bother me with Pink. She's got a rebellious attitude with a nice beat. It works and keeps me going. I also enjoy the Black Eyed Peas. Never would have purchased their music, but when it was brought to me, I found it to be helpful.
Workout memories with Allison at UND. Niels in the UND pool and Heinrich coming up to us, asking Niels who I was, but in German. Little did he know I understood him! Linda came with me to the Olympic center in Munich. We jumped off the 10 meter diving board! Scary. I remember thinking, when will I hit the water? Took much longer than it normally would on a regular board. I walked all over Europe with Linda, Ewen, Nicoleta and Stefanie. I had a bike tour in a skirt with Eric in Munich. I did a walking tour of Barcelona with some guy who I can't remember his name. Matt and my neighbor Becks, there for me when I fainted in church from the silly grapefruit juice and bacon diet. To this day, that is the only diet I ever tried. Miss Cara, I always enjoyed our walks too. I can't remember who I walked with back in the woods at UND. Talia? Allison? So many great girls to spend time with. Winks and Kristie, all I can think of is the afternoon of scarves. Miss Megan was such an influence when we first returned to TRF from college. Alicia and Kate too. We used to roller blade and walk all over town. Jenni, Emilie and Malissa roller-bladed on most streets in TRF with me. Liz, our bike rides to Franklin pool were memorable. Walks in TX around Crystal Springs with my friends Tabitha, Jessica, and April. Every once in awhile, another mom or lady from the complex would join us. Oh and I can't forget my spin class times with Scott and Mae. I really enjoyed that, even though it was short lived. Walks around Cibolo with Miss Ruby, Denise, Kim, Paulette, and Miss Patti on her roller skates! I know I am going to forget someone somewhere. We have lived in too many locations. Miss Dee, you always gave me so much support along with the entire neighborhood. I sure do miss those Friday nights in Texas. Farmington, attending Lifetime and meeting Mary and Jenn there. Miss Kristi always hit her treadmill faithfully every day. Such an inspiration. I loved going to Lifetime with my little sis too. Sure wish we could have attended a class or two together. I have great memories of walks with friends and kids too. So hard to keep a good pace and accommodate children at the same time. At least we were outdoors and moving. Finally, Michigan, where we currently reside. I've had great walks with Miss Deanna. Adventured outside of my neighborhood with my neighbor Amy. I've gotten some motivation too from Mr. Rob and Mr. Dan with their fitness results. Positive influences!
So, if I forgot a workout memory with you, sorry. Remind me of the story. Looking forward to many more this summer!

No comments: