Saturday, March 5, 2011

3 Boys, 5:30 AM

Yup. The boys were up early. I wasted a half hour trying to get them to go back to sleep. Finally at six I gave in and told them to go downstairs. When the house is completely quiet, it is amazing how much you can hear from the basement with an entire empty floor in between.
Girls slept until after 7. I started a new book. Wonder if I can finish it this weekend? We will see.
I made them pancakes and egg cheese sandwiches. Only to have little A tell me in her cutest voice "I don't very like pancakes and egg sandwiches." Oh dear. If I hadn't been up so early and stood in the kitchen for so long making this breakfast, maybe then I would give you something else. I made cinnamon rolls, but wanted to save them and the box of Trix cereal for tomorrow since we have church. I told her I've seen her eat pancakes before, this is what we were having. Was that wrong? I feel guilty now writing it down. She didn't seem to mind and ate the pancakes. This is the girl who is hungry all day. I told them to eat well because we weren't going to have a snack for awhile. Wouldn't you know as soon as we were upstairs getting dressed, beds made, etc. she said she was hungry. What a girl. She is so sweet. Anyway, they have already finished the Parent Trap from last night, colored and are now all in the basement. I am trying to decide if I have energy to work out, or should I just skip it for today. N wants to see who can get to 100 miles first. I am not one for contests, we will see where it takes us. I prefer to try to get a good workout 5 days a week. I've already missed two this week. Guess I answered my own question.
We will play outside today. There is a fresh blanket of snow. A hot game of Bingo is still in our future. No more baking though. I am spent with that. : )
We wound up having a great day. A did alright with meals, I did turn her down a few times for snacks. She had two after lunch, but before supper. We had a bingo tournament. It was great, but not as big of a hit with all as I had hoped. Hungry Hippos, Connect 4, Don't break the ice, Cootie, Dominoes, and Chess. We played games, then cleaned up and went outside. They were bored at first, but after I gave them a stack of buckets, they found entertainment. Little snow castles to sit on and squish. Hot cocoa followed with pretzels and iced animal crackers. Everyone played until it was time for supper. I made pizza rolls and my own version of them in a taco variety. Corn and spinach were the veggies of choice. Following supper, a variety of ice cream choices with sugar cones. Then it was PJ's and Ice Age Dinosaur movie. They were pretty tired. No restlessness tonight. J even went to bed on his own before everyone else.
N should be home soon. Another end to a great day. Church tomorrow. Getting out the door with all six will be interesting.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Wow! I cannot imagine keeping track of that many kids. But it seems like they depend more on each other for entertainment. Enjoy the craziness!

K said...

When you don't leave the house, its not too bad. The big challenge was getting them all fed and ready for church.