Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Pie Day

So, up until now, I have shared my birthday with Albert Einstein. I do not remember hearing that it was called Pie day until recently. I also share it with the MN Twins baseball player Kirby Puckett, and my brothers good friend Grahn. While Kirby Puckett is gone now, I only got to meet him once as a child. Grahn did wish me a happy birthday yesterday. My husband drools over his fishing pictures posted on Facebook.
We had a great day. Started out with waffles and strawberries. I think they tasted better because it was my birthday. Boys off to school and we took our time getting out the door. Had a great phone call with a sister-in-law. Plans have been made for them to visit. Bonus, N informed me he had that Saturday off!
Lobster Fest was really great. We couldn't decide what to eat. The poor waitress came and asked us three + times. Finally figured it out. Three was with us and wanted nothing to do with fish or anything that had a shell. She was happy with cucumbers and biscuits.
We headed to the outlet mall and got some deals on shoes. Found the Stride Rite store and got deals for Three and N. I got some at Famous Footwear.
We were home in time to get the boys. They opened all my cards and a gift that had come in the mail. Great Auntie Bernice is sneaky. She sent what I thought was a box of chocolates. It had been home to chocolates, but instead contained some candles painted by the nuns at Mt. St. Benedict. There were even matching note cards included! She is so sweet. Looking forward to calling her when she gets back from a trip to AZ.
We headed out to Zinnias and the kids had supper there. N and I went for a walk by the river and then to the local pub. They have the best over priced wings. I am not a wing fan, but it is a treat to have theirs. They could use some tips from Uncle D and his wing sauces. It was topped off with a nice, cold Killians.
Caramel cake with Zinnia when we picked the kids up, and N putting them all to bed when we got home completed my birthday night. It was great. The sun was shining all day. Couldn't ask for more!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Happy Birthday - a little late. My mind is not mathematical enough to convert March 14 to 3.14 to Pi, so I never remember it as such. However an accountant friend took it one step further and did bake a pie on Pi day!