Monday, March 28, 2011

The after school routine

Three and I pick up the boys almost every day. The bus ride can take up an extra half hour of our evening. Today on my walk with Lupcke, I learned he is heading east for spring break. Half the class then announced they were heading to Florida. I think we are going the wrong direction.
When we got home, N was home and everyone was ready for our evening to begin. Six wanted N to help him build an airplane. Three climbing on N while they worked. Five and I were working on his homework. After we were finished, Six came up to share that Three was bugging them. Five says "Three can bug me, I don't care." What a brother. Later, as I start to write this, he approaches me with an injury to his thumb. He needs a band aid to fix it. I think he just needs some lotion and say so. We try the lotion. It does not help. He does not care for the apple sent and starts to yell. "I can't hold it anymore.' It's his thumb, where is it going? Is it going to fall off? I don't think so.
He is such a trooper, loud, but a trooper. I only have small, round band aids left in the house. With his approval, that will work; it's only the corner of his thumb that is injured. Happy to please you Five. Away they go, to the next thing.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Florida sounds pretty good about now! With multiple feet of snow still piled up, anything to do with spring seems a mirage that we can't quite reach.

Liz Odette said...

I'm glad you are "going the wrong way" for Spring Break!