Wednesday, March 2, 2011

At the dinner table

We have to tell Five he can't eat his corn one kernel at a time. The day is discussed. After haircuts, I went to the school to teach both boys classes about Europe. Three and her daddy went to the Freeland Dairy for ice cream and pizza. This was upsetting to other parties. They have been to the FD with Dad as a special treat, but never for ice cream and pizza. Five stated "I can't even remember what it looks like in there." This is a summer location that we would sometimes visit. Spring is in the air!
Six lost his second tooth early this morning. May I place emphasis on early? N kept me up too late last night, Six got me up too early this morning. Grandpa says we can't roll with the turkeys if we want to soar with the eagles. Most days I don't want to soar with the eagles, but have no choice.
I can't believe how many kindergarteners pick their nose. After lunch, they come to the carpet for story time. This is usually when I come in and teach them about Germany. They sit and stare at you.
Today I shared things from Poland, Spain, Italy, and castles in Germany. It was fun and they really enjoyed what I brought. Mr. T said he liked it too and was intrigued by the Neuschwanstein castle. I was able to do a reading activity and spelling with the kindergarten, then an activity about adjectives and nouns with first grade. We got home early, just in time for the maintenance guys to come and finish fixing our tub. It looks so great, but makes me think I want new paint in this house. When he shared with me that might be possible, well that about made my day! I have to make a phone call, but maybe we can have nice clean walls again. The stairway is the worst. Well, the natives are quite restless downstairs. I think they need some time outside.

No comments: