Thursday, March 3, 2011

Coupons for homework

I am trying hard to get the coupon thing going. It works, but you have to do your homework. Kroger is great for coupons. They double manufactures coupons up to $1. They also have digital coupons online. The digital coupons do not expire as soon as those found in the paper. My example of a steal is Charmin TP. It was on sale for $5.99. I had $3 off digital coupon and a paper coupon for $1. I had to buy two for the paper coupon. Both cost $11.98-5 for coupons! Well, maybe that wasn't the best steal, perhaps I should share my Welches OJ. Got that for free! $1 coupon doubled. The original price was $1.99. I also got a treat for the kids. Totinos Pizza Rolls, we only get them for special times. I got 3 boxes for 60 cents. Ok, that was the steal.
March is reading month. The kids have to keep track of how many minutes they read each day. I am so impressed with Five and his reading skills. He is doing great. Six is very good, but does not always enjoy it. Parents should set good examples for their children. I think they have seen me reading quite a bit in the past year. I hope they see how I enjoy it and can take an interest in reading for fun.

No comments: