Monday, March 28, 2011

Friendliness

Hard to believe it will be two years since we have moved to this small Michigan town. My birthday and the anniversary of our moving to MI have got me thinking. So much has changed since this time last year.
Three and I pick the boys up almost every day. I know I mentioned that in my After School Routine entry. Five has grown up quite a bit by attending school. His behavior has changed so much. Each child is blossoming, growing up and making me wonder about the baby subject again.
Today I packed up almost all of the baby items left in our house to bring to Julie. We are so excited to pass them along to her. I am still unsure if we are ready to close that chapter of our lives, but am leaning more and more towards yes. We will see where that takes me.
Anyway, back to after school: I am amazed at how friendly people are. My experience in MI was not the most positive in the beginning. At first, I had only seen "city" people, areas closer to Detroit. Not much friendliness in that area. We are further north now and the kindness in the small town is great. It surprised me to notice how many people there are to say hi to when picking up the boys. I have gotten to know many people in the community. It is nice to have friends again.
I have tried to be friendly to the "Rock stars" next door. They seem to be friendly in return, but not enough to really know for sure what they are thinking. She brought over a case of apples from Subway last week. What a treat. Three and Five ate almost all of them throughout the week. When I thanked her yesterday, she said she will be bringing more. It was an entire two minute conversation, but very pleasant. Looking forward to summer and more time outdoors. The kids are outside with N as I write this. We have other new neighbors I would like to get to know. Summer seems to be a good time to do that. It brings everyone out.
We started crossing things off of our list for the great spring break departure. It will be here before we know it. Good thing we do this so often, we've gotten pretty good at it.
Kids are so excited and are counting down the week!

No comments: