Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day, normally not a favorite holiday of mine.

Over the years, there were many Valentines Days where N and I were not together. It all started that first year we met, he was shipped off to Alabama for officers school and we missed our first Valentines. The second was also missed since I was still in North Dakota and he in Mississippi. From then on, just wasn't a favorite holiday of mine. Never got excited about it, etc.
Our children on the other hand, love a party any day of the month. I stopped by Five's classroom to give him is BIG KIT KAT for Mr. L. They were having a swinging time in the kindergarten hallway. With Three along, we had a short greeting and headed to the first grade hallway. We brought Valentine punch to the party. Some liked it, some did not. Good thing I brought apple juice as a back up. Three and I conducted the heart game. It was fun. I really enjoy being with the kids. Once Mr. T gave directions on which game I was helping with, someone asked if it was in German. Tomorrow I get to go and do a German activity with them.
After school, N was waiting with Five. He brought home steak and shrimp, plus mushrooms and Caesar salad. It was a great way to spend our Valentines. Kids ate later and are now getting ready for bed. Three has been sick. I took her to the Dr. today. She is on amoxicillin for seven days. Hoping to keep the boys healthy. They have a little congestion, but no fever. Mussinex and Zyrtec for them and maybe the infection will stay away. Happy Valentines readers!

No comments: