Monday, February 7, 2011

Sick Days

First it was Three who was sick last week. Wouldn't you know, getting ready for church, Five says his tummy hurts. No church for us. No play date either. Poor Five spends the day sick on the couch. He took a late nap and was better after. He had two Popsicles and enjoyed watching his movie from the movie store. I put the other two to bed and gave Five a bath. After I laid with him on his make-shift bed on the floor. (When ill, I don't want him up on the top bunk.) He loves to hear about Texas. I told him when he was just one day old a lady came to my room to take his picture. He cried and cried. I put my hand on his cheek and ran my finger up and down. The lady commented on how he liked that and he had stopped crying right away. Poor Five was so ill all day. He sweet little face looks up at me and and with a soft voice says "I still like it."
He was recovered this morning, but needed a day off. There was no way I could rush him out the door on time. Six knew he had to go to school. Wouldn't you know, we went through the entire morning routine and just before getting dressed for the bus, he says his tummy hurts. Flashes of Five being sick yesterday go through my head. I let him stay home. I fear him getting sick on the bus or at school. Well, the first hour goes by and he is not sick. Guess he snuck a day off.
Even with having everyone at home, I was determined to get something accomplished. Our group activity was cleaning the junk drawer. They were excited for the task and eager to see what treasures we would find. Five wanted to clean out the drawer and use if for something else. Everyone helped. In the end, we had four big bowls full of different things. One bowl for N, which was full of nails, screwdrivers and various fishing accessories. Another was for me, ribbons and anything to do with crafts. Of course there was a bowl full of toys. You name it, puzzle pieces, Lego's, fish, anything and everything. The Fourth bowl was crayons and markers. We got out a money jar for the change and everything else went on the counter. It was quite an undertaking. Once finished, they were amazed. Five thought it would be a great place to keep their Nerf guns. They fit and were easy to access. Leave it to Five to come up with a suggestion like that.
I sorted through more totes and made more garage sale progress. Three found more things for Auntie J's baby. I was discussing this with a friend on the phone and just happened to mention that it might be a boy. Three interrupts and says with great confidence, she thinks it WILL be a GIRL. We then went through totes of dresses and clothing for Auntie J's baby.
Well, I can hear the Lego's rattling. Perhaps the boys need a reminder that it is indeed bedtime.

No comments: