Thursday, February 10, 2011

How do the working moms do it?

Granted, my day began with a migraine, but after subbing a half day, I am spent. What a class of second graders this was! They are so very chatty, I was shocked. It was hard to keep their attention focused on what we were doing, etc. Tomorrow will be a challenge and ALL day! I have papers to correct tonight. The teacher, who is fantastic, had surgery and was out for the week. The sub they had earlier this week had her grandfather pass away today. She couldn't stay on for today and tomorrow. They called me. The sub from earlier in the week did not correct any papers thus the reason I brought them home.
I can't figure out how the working moms do this all week long. Hats off to them. I know staying home isn't easy either, but it takes motivation to go to work, come home and keep up with everything in the house. I am lucky. N had food cooking when we walked in the door. The house isn't too bad, but thanks to Auntie J who sent paints for Valentines, no homework has been done yet. Somehow that went the wrong direction. PS Auntie J, the paints weren't the easiest to get open and I sprayed purple on my brand new white shirt. I'll let you know if it doesn't come out.
; )

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Honestly, my house was more put together when I worked 5 days a week. Now that I only work 2 days a week, but still 40 hrs, I have less energy and the house is always a mess. It's easier to keep clean when no one is home all day. I was more sane when I worked 5 days a week, too. Of course, I was working in a quiet office and not a classroom full of kids!

Melissa said...

BTW, I accidentally removed your comment from my blog. Ugh! Sorry! I am still new to this blogger business...