Friday, February 3, 2012

Thursdays ending

Thursday did not end the way I thought it would. N wanted to take the kids to the park. They like to walk in the woods with their boots on. I sat in the truck. Spirits were high and we decided to hit McDonald's for supper. We usually do not go to fast food places unless we are on the road. This was an unusual treat for us.
In keeping with the good mood, kids got ice cream cones with their meal. Six was being poky and the last to finish. Thankfully, I went over to see how much he had left. I was appalled to discover his chicken snack wrap was raw in the middle. I was shocked. I showed it to N and took it to the counter.
The girl took it from me right away and threw it away. The manager came over and apologized. She gave us our money back for the entire order. She asked if we wanted desserts to go, but by that point, my nerves were shot. I just wanted to get everyone out of there. I was so terrified he would get sick. Poor Six had salmonella the week before Four was born. It was a terrible experience, one I would never wish upon any parent or child.
He went to bed as his usual self and woke up feeling fine. I am thankful he didn't get sick. It is truly disappointing to trust a restaurant with your child's meal and have something like that happen.

No comments: