Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sally is her name?

Six wants to name our van Sally. We will see if it catches on. We drove to see the in-laws yesterday. The kids got to see five of their cousins. They sure enjoy spending time together. It saddens me that we see so little of each other.
We brought Cousin #4 her birthday present. She truly loved it. I was so happy to see such wonder in her eyes. She's a sweet girl. Cousin #5 is looking more like Cousin #3 these days. The boys love to play with him. They just pick up right where they left off. They have such a great relationship. Four took a little longer, but she and Cousin #6 we lining up stuffed animals for a tea party and having a keen time.
We took our new van. It was quite luxurious for us. Remember, it's not a brand new van, but perfect for us. It's exactly what we wanted and never before have I had so much leg room! I was surprised at how terribly uncomfortable I was on the ride home. Good thing we went now, I'm not sure I'd be up to the two hour drive next month.
We brought a baby gift to Aunt Lily. She doesn't know what she's getting yet, we went with a duck theme. I got the book "Ten Rubber Ducks" and had the kids write their names in it. Seven wrote "To our newest cousin. Happy reading 2012." It was a nice touch to our gift.
We also brought a birthday gift for the MIL. She was really happy with the flower coffee cups I found for her. I also gave her my first pinterest project. It's a container with coffee beans and tea lights. I will post a picture later. It turned out pretty great. I put it together at the last minute. I wanted to make it for her, just wasn't aware I had all the supplies. Turns out I did and it was great.
Today we will head to church and stay home. I hope to get some things picked up and cleaned before N gets home. This week, I will set up the shelves and get the baby stuff in order. I feel I've waited too long. On with another day!

No comments: