Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I need a plan

For some reason, it did not occur to me until this very moment, I need a plan. I have no plan for what to do with my kids when this baby comes. I am talking about the actual moments the baby comes. I can't take them with me. I want N to come with me, he can't stay here. This is where my life depending on other people comes into view. In TX, our neighbors were our family. It was easier to schedule as there were only two kids and everyone lived right on our road. My neighbors took turns when it worked for their schedule, staying at my house with the kids. When they needed to go, another neighbor came over.
With kids in school and being in a new state, it's all changed. The other challenge is I have three. Three schedules, three needs, three opinions, and it is necessary to have three seat belts. My friends with kids of their own can't transport mine and theirs.
For so many, this is the time the grandparents step in. Doesn't work when ours are a 16 hour drive away.
So, brainstorming begins and I need a plan!

No comments: