Sunday, February 5, 2012

Birthdays

So many birthdays are coming up, ones that you aren't aware of. Kids birthdays seem to be in discussion always, but not the parents. Yesterday, we celebrated Azalea's big day. Today, I just discovered it is Ivy's birthday. Daisy's will come up this summer. Mine is just around the corner, too.
Things tapper off when you are an adult. It seems past 21, it's not really a big deal anymore. We had a party when I turned 30. Some of my favorite people came to our small townhouse in MN. They brought all their kids and everyone had so much fun. I am very thankful we had that party. It's been a great memory for me.
Azalea's party was a great time. Her husband approached us last month about surprising her. We got together and made some plans. It was a success. She had no clue, but did have lots of smiles. The kids played so hard. They ran outside in the beautiful weather. They played inside, ate well and enjoyed being together. It's nights like that when I am so thankful for great friends.
Today, I am not sure what is ahead of us. I know the things I need to tackle, but am not sure if they will be accomplished today or ignored for a few more days. My basement is a disaster. It needs much help. Still eager to keep the baby progress rolling. All parts that involve N, must be put on hold until his day off. I wish I had more confidence with power tools. Alas, I do not and will not be building shelves and such. We were on a roll, have to keep the momentum going.

No comments: