Thursday, February 9, 2012

I survived

It was painful, but I survived. The mythical back room does exist. It wasn't quite what I expected and I didn't turn on the TV, but the recliner was really nice. I started a new book. Rarely do get uninterrupted time to read. It was a first for N to get the kids out the door without me around. I left an hour before they did. Guess all went well. Seven took a cold lunch, but Six opted for hot lunch. We'll see what they have to say after school.
This month is already exhausting and it's still early. I can't believe how much is going on. I started PT for my back and hips. Those appointments alone are making me dizzy. I go there three times a week. It's hard to commit to anything without being positive what I've got going on. I've had to reschedule my haircut at least twice. Hopefully I get it done today, we'll see. I want to get Four's hair cut short, but she is in protest. That subject is still in negotiations.
The 2nd grade teacher needs two more crafts for the party. I searched and the easiest thing I could come up with are pipe cleaners with beads. Either a bracelet or heart shape, easy enough. That will be a long day. I will have PT after all that chaos. At least Four will celebrate the day before. I picked up their candy to hand out with their cards, but we really need to get working on filling out the cards.
I feel like my house is always in chaos. I am still considering the dumpster. Just when I think I got it figured out, I'm gone for the morning and we're back to square one. I don't know how I kept it all under control before. I guess I'm just too tired too soon during the day to figure it out. I'm not really that tired, but there are other things I decide to do. Like today, the basics are clean, but there's always some clutter. I've got 2 laundry baskets that need to be folded and put away. Instead, I'm doing this and then going to try to get my hair cut. Maybe I'll go get to them now. It helps to write it down and let everyone know, then I can't let it sit. Thanks for the motivation readers!

No comments: