Saturday, March 24, 2012

Something for myself

Today I purchased some new pj's for myself. Why it takes the arrival of a baby for me to do this, I do not know. I have not purchased new pj's, only once, the rest are from before Four was born. It's amazing what doing something like that for yourself can make you feel. It's hard to balance life, schedules and the budget. We are forever challenged by this. I try to be as frugal as I can. I shop at Goodwill and Salvation Army for certain items that make perfect sense to purchase there. The budget still seems to be a challenge. Groceries are so expensive compared to when our kids were babies. Everything seems high price in MI. I am sure so is the case elsewhere in the country.
In the end, I didn't pay full price. Sure, I will be sporting some pj's with an owl and a green St. Patrick's day hat that says something about being lucky. Oh well. At least the owl is cute. On to new things!
We enjoyed a nice play date with Daisy. I love visiting with her. We haven't had time together without other kids around and distractions for quite awhile. I was able to confirm God parents today after my play date. Daisy and Zinnia will be God parents to this baby girl. We still don't have a name for her yet.
I'm also in the process of getting my "what if" plans final. I think I've got it figured out. It's like a balancing act that involves all of my flowery friends.
I am so blessed to have such support. For a girl who started out in MI feeling so alone, 3 years later things look very different.

No comments: