Wednesday, March 14, 2012

March Birthdays

Hard to believe it is 70+ degrees outside. Never would have guessed it. In the past, I have had a variety of birthdays. While in MN, most involved snow. My fifth grade year, pinatas were big. We had to hit one shaped like a giraffe in my garage. We also decorated our own cupcakes with tubes of frosting, M & M's and other candies. For sixth grade, I took three girls to Edward Scissor Hands, then to my house for a sleep over.
I had many great birthdays in my early days.
Once I left the nest, a very memorable birthday would be the year in Munich. We started the day off as a group at Titanic in English. Then off to Murphy's Irish pub. I loved bringing so many different people together. We ended the night at a disco. My friends gave me the biggest card I've ever received. It was a special day.
The neighbors in TX surprised me with a birthday! First time, I was really truly surprised. They caught me totally off guard. My 30th birthday was a great one too. We had friends over to our house. Daffodil brought an ice cream cake. Iris came and some others. It was really fun.
Today was great. It started after 6am when I went to see the boys in their room. They started to sing to me right away and added the cha cha cha's. They followed up with asking "are you one, are you two..." etc. they went all the way, adding a number.
Got everyone to school and enjoyed a nice lunch at a Japanese steak house. No kids, just N and Zinnia. It was nice to have adult conversation and great food.
We got a cake after picking up the boys. They managed to find the right number of candles and lit them all. With such beautiful weather, they played outside and ended with skype to G and G and Uncle Dv. Now for bed, this mama is tired.

No comments: