Friday, March 30, 2012

It's all the same

No change, I am in the exact same situation I was last week. All measurements are the same. I don't know why I am frustrated with that. I am 36 weeks and normally would not be so impatient. Things have changed over the years, I didn't realize how I would feel at the end. Previous pregnancies, sure I had toddlers to keep up with, but I guess more patience with how I felt. Maybe it is harder to keep up with big kids. Today, I struggled walking away from the park to the car, walking across a store to the exit, etc.
The younger two were after each other again today. They just irritate each other in small ways and it gets old, fast. I believe this is just the beginning of this behavior. I remember behavior like this with my siblings. A sign of growing kids.
Last night I slept better than I have in awhile. I had forced myself to stay awake and had made cards with Zinnia until much later than I usually stay up. The extra hour helped me sleep better. Last night, I was out before 10 and here I sit at 4am, awake. My bed became too uncomfortable. I'm in the recliner. I could use a snack, but the heart burn and idea of moving are keeping me in the chair.
I'm still only at 15 lbs for my total weight for this pregnancy. I was curious how much I'd add to it at the end, but so far not much. I am sure she will still come out as chubby as can be, following in suit with her siblings. Still not much name progress. We may have a winner, but it is not yet confirmed. I don't think N will make up his mind until we are in the hospital room.
Missed the opportunity to Skype with Baby Orchid today. I was just too tired. The kids had been arguing and I just had to get them to bed. Gma made it happen for Baby Orchid. She is the sweetest baby. I can't wait for the end of May to get here to see her. Four can't wait either. Today, she whined saying "I want my Grandma." and she really wanted to go to Frankenmuth. Is this my child or what? I love Frankenmuth. Even if we don't do anything but walk the streets, it's still my favorite MI town. We will have to take Orchid and Baby Orchid there. I don't believe we've taken Uncle Dv there either. Can't remember.
Seven is getting birthday ideas in his head. While I don't think we will be hosting a party, I do want to do something fun for him. Perhaps pizza at a restaurant and taking a couple friends to the movies will work. Is it lame that a trip like that will be a great treat for my children? We do not go out to eat very often, nor do we see movies on the big screen.
Ah, another train at 4am. N wanted to consider a house that backed up to the train tracks, right before the main crossing in town. He' hasn't noticed how frequently that whistle goes off in the wee hours. I was able to point the whistle out to him a few times this past week. We are checking online for new listings, but haven't found anything we love yet. We haven't walked through any either. That will be our next step, hopefully sooner than later. I am getting excited at the thought of it. I really do not want to move, but know it will be great in the end. We've rented for the past 3 years. Time to plant my seeds from Iris!
I think the snack desire will prevail this morning. My charging cord keeps falling out and my legs are falling asleep. Guess the chair isn't my ideal location for now.

No comments: