Monday, March 12, 2012

More progress

Slowly, but surely things are getting done. Slowly being the key word. I've started to take things at a snail's pace. This baby is wearing me out. She's 34 weeks on Thursday. Just a few more to go. Doc says we could go at 37-38. We will see how that works out.
MI cousins brought some baby gear and we had a great visit this past weekend. I was so thankful they made the trek to see us. It was wonderful to catch up with them. Wish we could see them more often.
Four had her first big girl birthday party to go to this past weekend. It was a tea party with fancy dress! Grndma insisted she get fancy shoes, a fancy hat and gloves. Lucky us, we found all items at Target. At the party, they had name cards, fancy sandwiches and of course, pink tea. They talked about manners, played games, decorated headbands. Four came home with flowers, feathers and a bird on hers! She had a great time.
Tomorrow is school spirit day. Seven wore his favorite school shirt today. He asked to wear it tomorrow. I can't let him if it's dirty, thus the washing machine is going and it will be clean for tomorrow. He's such a good boy, I try to accommodate when I can.
N took the day off to go fishing, too bad he didn't check the forecast first. It rained all morning. I think he relaxed and didn't regret being at home by himself.
Church tonight, I'm flying solo with Six and his class. Daisy has a meeting at the same time. I am really tired, but will rally for the cause. I couldn't tell her no, she does so much for me.
The neighbors gave each kid a $5 bill for watching the cat and fish during their vacation. The kids were really proud. They shared that we saw the cat twice during our job. They also brought over a ducky outfit and hat for the new baby. It was very sweet. They too offered to be on our call list if we need someone to get kids on the bus or off, etc. It's great to have such supportive people around during this time. We are truly blessed to live in this community.

No comments: