Friday, September 7, 2012

Sometimes you get burned

Today Daisy and I went to a sale at the local Lutheran church. Everything you could fit into a paper bag for $5. What a deal! I found a number of great things. One I thought was a great find, a winter coat for Seven. It's blue, just like Eight's. I was certain this would be a great discovery. I was wrong when I had him try it on. No zipper. Burned. Not sure how much a new one would cost or if it is worth the effort. I found a nice coat for Sunflowers boys. Everyone was thrilled with what I found for them. I was very excited to find a white fur coat for Baby Orchid. She's changing so much. I am so thankful for Skype. We get to see her on a regular basis. It makes my day to see the new things she is learning daily. We had well child checks yesterday. Five did great, but Seven not so much. The nurse brought out gowns for them to wear. Seven took one look at the gown and said "That is not going to happen." He's also had some issues at school. I heard through the grapevine he couldn't do his work because he was "too hot to write." I am not certain, but he may have had to stay in for recess. It took him 3 minutes to get it done. I think that is what happened. I asked him about staying in, but he thinks he didn't. The teacher called me today. He only took a drink and sandwich for his lunch. Again, trouble listening in the morning. If he had been listening, he would have had the rest of his lunch packed. We wrote up a contract for him to try to change things. I believe it worked. The twinkle in his eye this afternoon gives me confidence. He wrote a list of five things. 1. I will put away my shoes. 2. I will hang up my back pack 3. I will unpack my lunch box. 4. I will do my homework (when asked). 5. I will do my spelling. These are his five things. He wasn't happy about the when asked part and said he would do the homework when he wanted to. Oh boy. That boy puts me over the top. Soccer tomorrow, Five is first thing in the AM. Eight is later in the day. No plans other than those two things. The evening will consist of making cakes for the church picnic! So excited for that on Sunday.

No comments: