Thursday, September 20, 2012

I'm seeing stars

Our star system is working! Everyone has had three stars each morning this week. After school has been a different story. Each day, one person hasn't earned a star. Yesterday, it was Five. She asked me why she was crying and why she didn't yesterday. Poor girl is trying to figure it out. Tomorrow we will bring Subway for lunch. Everyone will be so thrilled. It's finally coming together. Kids are getting used to the routine and adjusted to school life. The first two weeks are the hardest and they are thankfully behind us. Boy do I love a good deal! I went to Salvation Army today and found lots of great deals. I spent $30 on 22 items. This included 2 pairs of snow pants. I'm not sure what will fit Eight this year and found a bigger size for him. Five has a pair, but can always use a back up pair. Hot pink will be popular. I like for them to leave a pair in their lockers at school, that way they don't have to transport them back and forth. I also found a spinning color light for Baby Girl. Five has one in her room and Baby Girl loves it. I couldn't believe I found it. The first one we got during Walleye Festival for $.50. Today, I paid $1.25. I can't wait for the kids to be surprised. I also just happened to find Lego Star Wars long sleeve shirts for each boy. Good times. Hope to find some more sooner than later. Seven needs new pants. He grew over the summer and now all his pants are short. N was called in to work tonight. Kids will be disappointed. Eight specifically asked if he would be home tonight and wanted to do something fun. We do what we have to do I guess. Baby Girl isn't sleeping well at night still. We need to do some sleep training. I've had a migraine all week. It's finally gone today. Three weeks in a row I've been trying to make it to evening meetings. Only one week did I make it. Next week, RE begins. I hope to make it for that. I've volunteered as a catechist, but am not sure I'll be able to commit the entire year. N's schedule will change in January. He will work nights on Monday. We'll see how it works out. Well, on to something else. Better get my loads switched.

No comments: