Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Progress is made

What an improvement from the night before! I was sort of depressed and down all day yesterday. No sleep the night before, just trying to keep it all together was exhausting. I eliminated all expectations I would normally have for myself and just took the day as it came. Baby Girl didn't nap all morning. We just relaxed and slowly got things done. Five was tired and had a hard time getting out the door. I told her MAYBE Baby Girl and I would come for lunch. Well, we made it. I brought Five and Seven a McD's drink. Baby Girl slept through the entire kindergarten lunch. Yup. Baby Girl 1, Mom 0. She was awake at the end and stayed awake all through 2nd grade lunch. This was her first nap of the morning. She did sleep for about 5-10 minutes before that. After lunch, we ran home to get Five's library books. Turns out she didn't even have library, but oh well. They are where they belong. I fed her the last bowl of rice cereal before going to the school. We stopped at the store for more and came home. N was home shortly. Baby Girl showed no signs of napping. I left her with him and finally got my nap in. It was short, but that's ok. The rest of the night continued and I think I've nailed her routine. While she did have a few really short naps in the afternoon and evening, I kept her awake until 8:30. No long naps, nothing more than 15 minutes. Guess I will try to keep it that way, at least until we have a weeks worth of progress. I fed her a bowl of cereal and half a jar of sweet potatoes at 7:45. I put her in the bath around 8. She was knocked out by 8:30. I wanted to put her down awake, but she was completely out. Around 9 she cried, but only for less than 10 minutes. I didn't go get her. She slept from then until either 12 or 2AM. I can't remember, but I fed her then and that was it. She didn't wake up again until 5. It still seems like a lot, feeding twice in the night, but boy oh boy, its a big improvement from every 2 hours. She's rolling over now and I worry about her at night. At 5AM she did roll on her tummy and was struggling. She's still swaddled. I have found that is key. Not swaddled, she can't stay asleep for very long. I will take what I can get and hope for the best. We will see where it goes. On another note, tragedy comes in 3's they say. We've had three deaths in my family and friends. Granted, everyone was 75 or older, but still so surprising. We haven't had a death in the family for a long time, now three in one week. Miss Diane at home, her mother passed away. She was a sweet, sweet lady. This is the grandmother to the girl we know who has the same name as Baby Girl. Her sister is having a baby in Dec, her first. She and Orchid were inseparable for many years. They are really great people and I feel so bad for their loss. The second passing was my mothers cousins husband. He battled breathing problems for many years. He was a heavy smoker. Growing up, he always had a comment for us kids and wasn't afraid to speak to us. They would always come camping. Big heart and lots of jokes. He was a nice man. I remember joining my grandparents and mother to their wedding. They lived in South Dakota. The third death was just yesterday. My grandfather's sister in law, Lois. Lois was married to Lowell, my grandfathers older brother. Lowell was the kindest man. He and Lois lived across town from my parents. I remember one night we stopped by and they were eating spaghetti and tiny meat balls. I remember thinking I wish my mom would make spaghetti like that. We always would have ground beef in our meat sauce. Lois let me borrow a pair of earrings for prom. They were the exact color of my dress. She loved to sew and wore the same dresses from her prime years, many years later. She was always positive and happy. You could count on her to come to family things. I still remember seeing her little blue car in town at places I would roller blade by. Turns out, her daughter sells sewing machines at the fabric store. Apple didn't fall far from the tree there. R even has a picture on FB of her mother sewing. I am not sure what year it is, but it's black and white and from many years ago. Such a nice lady, Lois will be missed. So, enough with the drama. Today is a new day and I'm up early. I slept so many hours straight, I don't know what to do with myself. I started out with coffee and will go from there. Today is N's day off. I'd like to make some progress and changes in this house, but we will see. I know he wants to go fishing. I've been waiting for him to go for a few weeks now. I am eager to get a carpet machine in here sooner than later. Perhaps that will be our task today. We'll see where the day takes us.

No comments: