Monday, September 24, 2012

After a phone call...

It's after talking to my mother I remember all the things I should be blogging about. It's like an update refresher. This weekend we were at soccer games for everyone. It was cool and I had to dig out warm gear. Thankfully, I had a light snow suit for Baby Girl. I have the Bundle Me, but if she doesn't stay in the car seat, it's no good at keeping her warm. The snow suit fit perfectly and she was covered. She loves soccer games. Her arms and legs go as fast as they can when the kids run by her. Five did great. She's fast, but runs circles on the field, around the ball and other girls. She's funny and will figure it out eventually. She has scored a few goals and is very proud. Seven was hilarious this weekend. If you know him, you know he doesn't like pants and has a hard time switching clothing during the change of seasons. For the game, he put on a short sleeve shirt with a hood, camo color. This was under his jersey. He had on shorts and gloves, along with a head band for his ears. After awhile, he took off the headband. Next thing I know, he's got his hood up and the headband on over the hood. He looked like he belonged walking in the desert. I wonder what the other parents thought of him running around on the field dressed like that. What can I say, he walks to the beat of his own drum. The star system continues to work. Today I earned a star. Oh, just remembered I already blogged about this today. We had our first night of RE tonight. I was set to help Daisy, but found myself with the kindergarten and preschoolers instead. I filled in for Mrs. J, who is out of the state. A mix up with knowing if she was coming or not left me in charge of a room full of little kids. No books or materials, just what was in the room. I had to wing it and I think we did alright. We colored, sang a song and learned some hand gestures to go along with it. They had fun, I think. Tomorrow is another day. Baby Girl and I will be alone for most of the day. It's Friday for N and the kids will be excited we have nothing going on. Soccer will keep us busy on Wed. Should be a nice week.

No comments: