Thursday, December 29, 2011

Wrapping it up

We are down to the last few days of our MN vacation. Our latest interest, ice fishing. Well, when say our, I mean their. Even the fisher lady loves to go sit out on the ice! She usually only lasts an hour. The boys however have spent more and more time on the river with their dad. Just the other night, they came home with 6 walleye! Two were pretty big and everyone was very pleased. We've enjoyed movie nights with G & G. Cars 2 has been the number one choice more than once. We made a trip to GF to exchange Lego's from Christmas that were duplicates. They also spent some gift cards and yes, purchased more Lego's. We checked out the fish tanks at Cabela's, but were surprised to see them so empty. Two painted turtles swimming laps made up for the lack of fish. We drove by the house where N used to live and showed the kids some of the places we went to when we first met. They got a kick out of those stories. Seven said "first you date, then you fall in love." Surprised by this, I asked where he got his information but never found out. We stopped at the Red Pepper East, a local sandwich place I haven't been to since I was in college. They were one of the only places to deliver to campus during a snow storm. It was fun.
We haven't seen quite as many friends and we usually do. Winter makes it more difficult. I'm not quite up to speed these days. I'm usually in bed before 10 or shortly after. Hopefully tomorrow we will get to visit some houses and New Years eve morning we have a date with Daffodil! The favorite fishing spot is close to her mom's house. Should be a good time.
Last night we had pizza and relaxed. Tonight I get to go out for Chinese with my friends. I always look forward to nights like that. I will probably miss out on a walleye dinner, but don't get to see these girls very much, especially without kids around.
Just a few more days and we will head back to MI.

No comments: