Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pink is my favorite color

Not really, but I have that song stuck in my head. It's the middle of the night, AGAIN. It's sort of getting old now. I've been up at night too many nights this week. Not sure what my problem is. First it is the bladder, then hunger. If I ignore the hunger part, I am ill in the AM. Earlier this week I was up for 2 hrs in the night. Last night was really bad. stayed up until after 1:30. Finally fell asleep. Woke up by a child at 4:30. Then up at 6:50 to put a turkey breast in the crock pot, which turned out brilliantly by the way.
We had a nice visit with N's parents. The kids were excited for them to come. They had thought about things they wanted to do and discuss with them. You can tell the children are getting older, establishing relationships with those they do not know as well. Before, they would not have hung around the room while guests were here. Yesterday, they made connections with his parents. It was nice and they all enjoyed themselves.
Now the real work begins. Need to finish my projects and pack. Laundry is in need, but I want to hold off until tomorrow or so. The closer to our departure time the better. I plan to just pack the laundry. This is something I've come to practice. Why do the laundry, fold it and put it away, only to pull it out and into a suitcase? The items in the laundry are their favorites anyway.
Hate to say it, but we still have some baking to do. We're going to try peppermint hershey kisses on sugar cookies. They look really cool on the website picture. We also may have more pretzels to dip, this I am uncertain of. I wouldn't mind dipping more Ritz as well. The first ones didn't turn out so great. I hope to bring a nice assortment to my Mum's.
After the final count, we need 15-16 containers for treat gifts. We may be short only one or two. Looking forward to sharing our baked goods. Sent three plates home with the in-laws. I am sure the cousins will be excited for their plate to arrive.
Ok, I've had my snack, got a drink. Best try to get back to sleep.

No comments: