Friday, December 2, 2011

The things we do for our children

Tonight I have taken on 4 extra kids to humor mine. Energy is high on a Friday afternoon. I promised pizza and snow cones. We have a new snow cone maker, hope it works. I enjoy having extra kids at our house, as crazy as that sounds. It makes our Friday night so much better to have company. Granted, I enjoy a night at home with just my group, but new friends change it up a bit and please everyone. They are outside getting out the energy right now. Luckily we have plenty of winter gear to go around. Two guests tried to take off their hats outside. I told them they needed to keep their hats on. One said he took it off because the flap on top was getting in his eyes. I brought him a red hat to wear. The other boy, younger, said he needed a new hat too and his favorite color was red. Good thing I had another red hat.
We are also lucky to have such a big snow pile right outside our back window. I can sit inside and watch them play, enjoying themselves and each other. We went over the rules, they need to stay where I can see them. Anything they bring out to the snow pile, they need to bring back to our porch. Happy kids = happy parents. I hope their parents are happy with their night at our house.
They are sweet kids. My children were so happy to have them over tonight. The oven is preheated and ready for a big Sams club cheese pizza. We got a new snow cone maker. Not really the right season for snow cones, but again, everyone was pleased with the idea. It will be dark soon, they will have to come in. We still have Lego's and an entire basement of entertainment. Should be a great Friday night!

No comments: