Thursday, December 22, 2011

Blessed with another journey

We have arrived! Tuesday was slightly questionable, but over after 6 hrs in the truck. Wednesday was much better. The journey was slightly different with two readers in the back seat. Six read many billboards to us along the way.
Our hotel stop was nice, but I was exhausted. I still made myself go swim for a short time that night. The kids stayed up too late, but slept in compared to their normal time.
The road trip was uneventful, thankfully. In Superior, WI, we were stopped at for a train. Instead of waiting, we decided to make it our last potty break. N took the boys inside and I waited for the girl. Getting out of the car was a slow process for her. A Salvation Army bell ringer was watching our scene unfold. After a long preparation period, we got out and headed into the grocery store. The guy said "I remember those days." He had more sympathy when I told him how much further we had to go.
After that, everyone was anxious for Plummer (the town right before Grandma's.)
We arrived shortly after 7. Baby Orchid was awake and everyone was eager to see her. She had a reindeer hat and shirt on. We had to guess what color she would be wearing. Everyone was right with their guess.
We had a nice meal of ham and cheesy potatoes. Poor Uncle Dv had a movie ready for us, but I was too tired to watch. I am told tonight is game night. I better get a nap in today if I will make it. I am still on MI time and woke up at 5am!
Boys are up now, but with stuffy noses. Hope a little Claritin will help and that be the end of it. Ready for a great Christmas vacation!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Merry Christmas. Enjoy the time in MN!