Saturday, December 10, 2011

From the mouths of babes

Four cracked me up today. I started a holiday baking project, my kitchen was a disaster. After her assistance for the first two dozen, she was out of there. I heard knocking on the bedroom door. She was upstairs, trying to talk her brothers into letting her in. When everything she says doesn't work, she drops her voice down and says she is N. Of course this doesn't work either. She tells them in the same deep voice "If you open the door, Dad will give you a special penny today." Needless to say, that did not work either and eventually they just let her in.
Yesterday she was playing computer games. Sometimes she gets confused and somehow, there are ten windows open on the screen. They all have different voices and it can be rather annoying. N asked her to close some of the windows. Irritated, she gets up and goes to the actual window and tries to open it, but can't because it's locked. Then she complains to him that she can't do it. Hilarious living with this four year old that is just trying to figure it all out.
I also tried to explain to her that we wrote a letter to mail to family and friends for Christmas. She asked me "what letter?" It wasn't until minutes into our conversation that I realized she wanted to know what specific letter it was.
Baby names have been a subject in our household. Seven said he likes Isabella and Riley. Six hasn't had an opinion, yet. Four wants Elizabeth Claire. Wonder where she got that idea? It is still in discussion.
So many projects are in the works, baking, brick painting, card making, etc. At least the Christmas cards are done and ready to be mailed. We will drop them off this afternoon on our way out. Today we will set up for the party at the church. My friends are taking my kids so I can just get the job done without too much distraction. Amen to that!
My frozen potatoes are out, will be thawed by morning. I plan to bake the dish, then put them in the crock pot so they stay warm during mass. Should be a great Sunday! I hope I planned enough and didn't buy too much candy. Guess I better get moving. We leave here in an hour and I still have to wrap my board/present.

No comments: