Monday, December 12, 2011

Seven has a case of the Mondays

For some reason, Seven had issues when going to school today. He was fine all morning, then didn't want to ride the bus. I gave them a ride and he stood in front of the school in tears. He said he couldn't stop worrying and he had a bad dream last night. Then his belly hurt. I wasn't sure what to make of it. I told him to go use the restroom and see if that helped his belly. Then I said if he didn't feel well, just tell his teacher and I will come to get him. We agreed this was the plan and I would come to lunch to be sure he was ok. Poor guy.
In the end, he had a wonderful day. I am not sure what all these fears and worries are, we need to get to the bottom of it. One week left of school, then we are off to MN. It will be good for all of us to get a break. I pray the weather is cooperative for our drive. We will be breaking it up into two days. The hotel we plan to stop at has water slides! I told this to Seven today in an effort to brighten his spirits for next week. He's not very good at keeping secrets. He told Four right then and there. She has since forgotten. Poor Six is the only one who doesn't know yet. He will soon enough.
RE tonight, last class for the year. Fr. B has invited the catechists to his house next week for dinner! What a treat that will be. Poor N will stay home with our three, plus Zinnia's. We better sneak him some dessert.
I wasn't as productive with the baking today as I should have been. Tic toc the days are numbered. Tomorrow, Four and I will get busy. We need to have the preschool stuff done by Friday morning. Wednesday would maybe be better, but not sure I can increase the deadline to then. Four drew a girls name to buy an ornament for at preschool. Turns out I was pronouncing the name wrong and she didn't know who I was talking about. We have the ornament purchased, but it needs to be wrapped, as do all my gifts. My children used all my tape last week. I had put away one role, they got to it. UGH. Have to buy some tape before Saturday for sure, N's parents will visit. Need to have all my ducks in a row by then. I hope to just need laundry done and pack clothing on Sunday and Monday. The gifts are almost all ready and packed in the basement. Couple more to add and one or two purchases and we are done. No worries this holiday season, this was the message Fr. B has been trying to get across during advent. My only worry is the weather. I can't help it. I hope it is cooperative. I've been stuck in snow storms, they are not fun.
The other things, I know I will get done. There may be quite a few things hanging over my head, but I feel at ease and am not worried. We planned ahead and it will work out.
RE tonight and we're going to play games! Should be a nice night!

No comments: