Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tuesdays early bird gets the worm

Today is the last day of preschool for Three. She is happy and excited to go. Tomorrow we celebrate at a picnic with the other families. I have gotten to know quite a few this year, much better than last year. Should be a good time, but I am still not sure what dish I will bring to pass.
We are supposed to turn in our electronic keys today. Wouldn't you know half my party can't find theirs. Pray to St. Anthony and maybe we will find it before the picnic.
Yesterday we cleaned at the church. We sorted through papers, posters, crayons, any type of supply you need to teach kids. It was a lot of work. We started at 9 and I couldn't believe when noon came around. The kids were great. They entertained themselves very well, we experienced little whining. We were thankful for the old pew in the room and a box of felt characters. Oh the discoveries we made cleaning closets! A few highlights, a mirror with a voice. After the voice speaks to you, it tells you to look into the mirror. Eventually a skeleton head lights up and screams. Sure wasn't expecting to find something like that in a church closet.
They are painting the classrooms this week. We made trips with a cart to empty the closets and get the supplies in order. Everyone wanted to push the cart. Fr. Rick said "My dad told me, when you leave something, leave it better than you found it." His idea then, to paint the rooms. At first, I didn't really think that was a necessary task. The room we were in this year was pretty nice. Yesterday, after inspecting each room, my opinion has changed. The carpet is torn in the hallway. Some of the paint jobs, yikes. Not sure what people were thinking. Our classroom was simply white. Others had some sponge jobs and even a wall paper border. Looking forward to starting next year in a fresh, new room.
What a schedule we have for today. N was off to work early, not quietly I might add. Thus, I have been awake before 5:30am. We will see how my day goes, I envision coffee throughout the day. Boys on the bus, preschool, then off to make some cards for the preschool teachers. I have two graduation cards to get in the mail also. Hoping my buddy can hook me up with graduation cards too. I have a lunch date with my friend I helped a few weeks ago. Three will be with. Once N is home from work, I have a grocery shopping date. I did my homework, have my coupons all in order, both paper and digital copies. Just need to be sure I get something to pass at the picnic and snack supplies for 8 soccer players.
In the end, we are supposed to clean out cars tonight. We will see if I am still going strong by then. Chili from the freezer for supper tonight. At least I have one thing accomplished right at the start of my day! It's already out of the freezer too!

No comments: