Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Always try to help

My boys loved the Koala Brothers when they were little. When my brother in law passed away, we all traveled to MI to see N's family. Upon our return, we all came home sick. So very sick, poor little Seven was up all night. All I remember is the Koala Brothers DVD running over and over. Then to raise his spirits, my parents sent him the Koala Brothers and Ned. He was so happy. I have a picture of him and Five with the dolls together, beaming. His cheeks were rosy from the fever, but the smile was precious. Five was just a baby, the only one who didn't get sick, thankfully.
The theme song from the cartoon is Always try to help. It's cute and fun. While some may say it's annoying, I enjoy it still.
I offered to help a friend get her house ready for first communion weekend. Wasn't sure she would take me up on the offer, just tossed it out there. She did and I find myself excited. Cleaning and organizing have always been my thing, but haven't done much of it since coming to MI. I helped out the sister in law when we first moved here, but that was awhile ago. I am not exactly sure how much help she wants, but we will see how it goes.
It feels great to help someone out. I wish I could do more of it.

No comments: