Sunday, May 15, 2011

SUNday, not so much this Sunday

I woke up a little nervous with our schedule for today. Cold and rainy, second day in a row. My nervousness was from having to be at the school for soccer pictures, right after church, then go to two games in a row in the rain. They did not cancel yesterday like I thought they would have. Things were a little questionable before the game. We got a surprise visit from the cousins. N had to get to work. Five decided he had terrible ear pain right then. I tried to get him to take some meds, but failed miserably. N made it work with a bribe. In the end, Five won all battles. He did take the meds, his ear pain went away and he swindled a certain amount of money out of his father. Probably not the way I would have went, but it worked and the kid didn't get sick. Better safe than sorry? It was a funny story to tell at the church.
Seven played and did great. He even scored his first goal of the season, at the first game! Proud moment for this family. They took pictures before and I can't wait for them to come in. Five had his pictures today. Right at noon. N left church with Five right away to feed him and get him dressed. I followed later with Seven and Three. We had two cars at the church this morning because of the rockin dance we went to last night.
What a blast. I think the final count was over 100 people in attendance. I got to know more people in the parish. We had many good laughs. I hope to get together with all I met again this summer. The babysitter came a half hour early. She was wonderful. The kids were asking me "When are you going to leave Mom?" I was still working on my appetizer. She put them to bed on time, they all behaved and loved her. When we got home, there were giant traced copies of paper they kids had decorated. She brought her own materials and did art activities with them. She reminded me of myself as a babysitter. I used to bring different activities with when babysitting. They can't wait to have her back. I didn't worry one bit when we were out. It was really nice.
In the end, my nerves of our schedule today were laid to rest with the games being canceled. I just had a fear over the kids being out in the cold, wet wind for such a long period of time. Guess my first clue should have been the overturned portable potties we noticed at the fields on our way to church. Lots of wind last night!
The rest of our day was nice and relaxing. N made lunch and had Five dressed when we got back from church. I took him to the school for his pictures. N went to work. I created forts in the basement for the kids. We made a boys fort and a girls fort. Bought Zinnia and myself plenty of time to catch up on Grey's from this past week and cut a million box tops. Soup labels are on the agenda for next time.
This week, we have the last day of preschool, farewell luncheon, recycle creation due, soccer practice and games. Who knows when they will work in the make up games. I forgot to mention, we are feeding the neighbors cat and fish for the week as well. I remembered yesterday before soccer, thinking we would get to it later. Guess it was the surprise guests that threw me off, because I didn't remember again until I heard someone at our table talking about hiring kids to take care of their dog when they were on vacation. The cat sure checked me out when I went over there last night at midnight. We are on our way now to do our job. Should be good training for Seven. He was the one she asked to "hire" for the week.

No comments: