Thursday, May 26, 2011

Rain, rain, go away

Soccer was canceled. Is it bad I was sort of relieved? I think I felt that way, only because I didn't want to sit in the cold rain to watch. I also did not want them to be out playing in that weather. Instead, N took them on a bike ride to Pat's. Still outside, but they wore hats. The days they are able to spend time with their dad like this seem priceless to me. The school year can be tough, N works weekends. When he has two days off, the boys are at school. For this reason, I am really looking forward to summer. They will spend more time together and hopefully we can attend some fun activities.
Upon their return from Pat's, (our local grocery store) they each picked out candy. Like most moms I know, candy is never my first choice. We ate a late supper and they were able to have a treat after. Candy before bed never seems like a good idea, but in the spirit of their trip with N, I said they could have one piece of chocolate (Kit Kat or Reeces) and a couple gummie worms. The boys were thrilled with this option and ate all their supper for the reward. Three too, but as we were cleaning up, she stole the last third of a Reeces. N called her on it and asked if she stole it, her reply "No, I didn't steal it, I'm a candy wrobber."
The rabbit is still there. With rain and bike rides. we sort of forgot about him. Guess we will release him today. I hope to get some painting done today. Preparations for the weekend are underway. Saturday am we leave to spend the weekend with the cousins! There are four birthdays in the month of May/June. I plan to bring my cake decorating box. We will see what Cousin One and I can come up with. She is creative and crafty. It was her birthday yesterday. Cousin Two is in Chicago with Uncle K for a class trip. Not sure when they get back. I am going to bring the kids bikes this time. We are visiting a park with trails on Saturday when we arrive. Should be a good time. The kids are so very excited to go. Three keeps saying "the cousins have a big house because they have so many kids." We plan to stay with Aunt S and Uncle P on Sunday night. Possibilities of a picnic with their friends for Monday and before I know it, we will be home. Relatives from the western side of the state are coming to town too. It's always good to see them.
We need the rain to go away for a nice, enjoyable weekend. I am now off to make my taco salad, pack some food up to take with. Let the summer adventures begin!

No comments: