Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A pleco named Lego

Lego, the Plecostomus: what a fish. He is the ruler of our tank gang. Shiny is a silver dollar fish that belongs to Three. Rumble, a bala shark, belongs to Seven. Poor Five. His bala shark Split (rest his fins) was eaten by the others. Tonight I studied them as Seven read to me. They seem to get along during the day, but at feeding time, all bets are off. It's every gill for itself. Lego becomes really aggressive and chases the other two around the tank. He seems to bother Shiny the most. For a long time, Shiny was losing her tail. It just kept disappearing. At first I thought it was the water quality, but after watching Lego chase her, I realized it was him. We had planned to give Shiny her own tank in the girl room upon our return from MN. With the bonus tank left in Mpls, we returned to MI without a new home for Shiny. Perhaps this summer we will be able to bring it home. I only agreed to this because I have another tank at my sisters.

Happy to report we are almost up to 2,000 views on These are the days of the week! It's amazing to think how many have read my stories. I wish I knew more about what they thought. The globe shows me readers from all over the world. At one point, I knew some people from those countries listed. What are the chances any of the readers could be someone I used to know? Pretty slim I'm sure.

This new adventure has become a link for me to so many family and friends. I think of those of you who are far away the most when I write my blog. I try to paint a picture of what's going on.

Thanks for the 2,000 views. I must be doing something right for people to take time out of their day to check us out. I'll try to continue and maybe have a few more pictures in the future!

No comments: