Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Busy Mittwoch

Started out early, ended late. We had a great day, minus the giant melt down at the end.
Boys were off on time, no worries. Walked with a friend, got my blood flowing. Taco salad was complete and we were on time for the end of the year picnic at preschool. Was able to visit with friends and teachers. Boy, does Three's teacher want me to come teach there! She was so sweet. Looking forward to seeing where next year takes me.

We came home to a quiet house with no plans for the rest of the day. Took a 10 minute nap and I was ready to go. I knew they were painting up at the church today. Father Rick said something about leaving things better than when you came, thus he decided to paint. I arrived around 1:45. There were 5-6 people there and were they surprised to see me. All were over 60 I'm sure. They gave me a roller and put me to work. There wasn't much left, but I rolled pretty fast. I finished two walls and a door. I promised to go back tomorrow and do the second coat to the doors. I also volunteered N to put the light switch plates back on. It was nice to meet more people from the parish. I had never met any of them. They asked how long I have been married. I was proud to say it will be 10 years in July. With a look of shock, a parishioner said he figured me to be 25 or 26. I smiled and thanked him for the compliment. We cleaned up and I was out by the time the boys were done. They insisted I take the left over pizza home to my kids. It was fun and enjoyable work. Glad to help out.

Had a nice chat with Lupcke on the playground. He needs some assistance with his classroom. I plan to head up there on Friday morning. Paper mache pigs are next Monday. My walking partner from this morning and myself will be in charge of painting the finished product with the class the end of the week. I had this job last year too, it was fun.

Home again, home again with two boys and no dad or sis to be found. They took a trip to Pats. The boys are thrilled with our cat/fish job. First thing they wanted to do when we got home, go feed the cat. Five wanted to feed the fish upstairs this time. Seven demonstrates pride when scooping the litter box. Five stands by marveling at Seven's skill. They are hilarious. Seven gets the water bowl to fill, I let Five put it back on the floor. Seven has to voice his opinion that Five should use two hands when putting the water bowl back on the floor. After everyone upstairs is all set, we head down to the basement to the gold fish. Each boy takes a turn feeding them and we are done with our job for the day. We head home, only to run into Miss D next door. Five rushes over to her, thrilled to share that we actually saw the cat today! Such a proud moment for him. She thought he was so cute.

A quick meal/snack and its off to soccer we go. This is where things start to get hairy. Frustrations rise with getting dressed, you'll have to guess who had that problem. Then what to wear, long sleeves, shorts, etc. Which vehicle to take, also frustrating. In the end, we took the wrong vehicle. Had to move car seats and chairs; should have moved water bottles and soccer balls. Five did great at his game. At first, he seemed to just enjoy running up and down the field, paying more attention to the players he was chasing than the ball. He played against a classmate and a friend. One of the boys was about to throw the ball into the game, paused to say "Hi Mrs. B!" This made N chuckle. He is a sweet boy. The game continued with Five ending as goalie. He did alright, but let a few balls roll by. No big deal in U6. We survived, but I am still not sure why Seven didn't have practice.

Three had a monumental melt down on the ride home. She was instructed to go straight to bed when we got home. That didn't go over well. The result was Three put to bed a little after 7 and her room stripped of her toys. She will earn them back, one at a time, when she shows good listening skills. Also, when she can get in the car without fighting with anyone, go to a soccer game and not cause trouble, I will return her things. Perhaps it was a little drastic, but she needed to get the point. I think her behavior has been building up to this. Sometimes, she seems to act like a little queen. Most of the time, a very sweet and compatible queen. Lately, there are too many situations of smartness that are running together for me. An example, my lunch date yesterday. I took her with, explaining how big this was and that she was to be on her best behavior. She was proud to go, but in the end didn't demonstrate such good behavior. First she complained about water to drink. I was not going to let her have soda. Then I offered something for her to draw on, not good enough. I let her look at the pictures on my camera. This was good, but then she started to put the camera strap on her arm and could have possibly planned to dangle the camera. I simply said she needed to treat it with respect, it was important to me. She gave me a smart comment about "it doesn't matter." Oh my! That went into a whole new conversation with the result, next time she won't get to come to my lunch date.

The boys were able to stay up and spend some time playing. I worked in the basement for awhile. After they were in their beds, I noticed something hopping in the window well of the basement. Frog/toad was my first thought. I was really surprised to find a baby bunny. He was so cute. I shared the news with N and told the boys they could come help us take care of a problem, but then they had to go straight to bed. They went to the basement to check it out. Eager beavers wanted to help get it out right away. N brought the fishing net and scooped him out. We let him go in the grass in the backyard. We will see if he is still there in the morning. The boys wanted to keep him, but we all know how that conversation went. They are eager for a pet. Their parents, not so much.

Our results, a pretty good day. We will see how Three makes progress with her possessions. I imagine she will have them back pretty quick. She can be such a sweet girl and wants to be big so badly. With fun activities planned for Friday, the motivation will be plentiful (I hope).

No comments: