Saturday, June 9, 2012

The things I am learning

Four kids is great. We're thrilled with Baby Girl in our family. The kids are so smitten with her, even seven weeks later. They don't mind when she cries. They wait and understand when I have to tend to her first. We're great on that front. Scheduling is another issue. I am so thankful soccer is done. Not that I minded running to the fields and going to the games, but I was wrong and lost too many times with the schedule. Today we got Four and Six to the fields on time. In true Six fashion, he played the best at the last game. This is a pattern we've seen before. Four did great as well. There were hot dogs and snacks for the last day. Once we were home, I began trying to get things together. It was hot. The ac wasn't on. When I walked by the calendar, I realized we were 10 minutes late for Eight's game. My allergies were bothering me and the meds weren't working the best. My eyes were puffy from rubbing them. They itched so bad. I think it threw me off. I couldn't believe I almost had him miss his game. I took him to the fields in a hurry. He was in tears. He was upset we were late. I didn't realize. Oh how I hate to fail that boy. He does everything I ask. He does it all so well. How did I miss this? I walked him over and he was better. I apologized to the coach. Eight thought it would take me awhile to come back. We were so fast in our return. The other two ran to the van and I put the baby in the car seat. Away we went. We didn't even say goodbye to N. We made it, Eight played hard and did great. Four decided to throw a fit at the end of the game. Before we knew it, it was time to go home. The house was 86 degrees and my eyes were driving me crazy. I closed up the house and turned on the air. I was rather tired and wound up taking an hour nap. The kids played inside with the promise of outdoor activity after I get Baby Girl to sleep. Later in the day, the sun wasn't as intense and they were able to be in some shade. They had a nice afternoon outside in the pool. Eating outside is the new thing. We will eat all the meals we can outside. I can't believe how much easier it is on me. Eight finished the book he's been reading. I'm so proud of him and his reading interest. We may try the library on a regular basis this summer. I hesitate to commit. Libraries and my group have not had good experiences in the past. New Moon may join us, we'll see. Not sure I'm ready to head that direction solo. There's a reading program that might keep the interest going for the boys. N is out with a friend after work tonight. I am thankful. My friends are important in my life, I wish the same for him. Bedtime was better. I hope we get into a new routine and the summer will be nice. Now I just need to work on a pool pass! Funding is in the works, hopefully.

No comments: