Friday, June 8, 2012

First day off

I giggle looking at my last blog entry title. We did some summer organization today. The kids came home with all their supplies, posters and papers yesterday. We had to restructure a few things. Of course no one slept in this morning, including Baby Girl. She's on a role getting up before the school bus would come. I've told her school is done for the summer, but she's happy with an early morning. She had a nice bath to start her day right. I can't believe how smiley she can be. She really is a sweet baby. The boys played well with their sister. A friend called needing me to watch her kids for an hour in the morning. We weren't even really up or dressed yet. Turns out neither were they. They came in their jammies. Mine were still in their jammies too. We had a late breakfast, early lunch. The rest of the day consisted with the kids outside on the slipin slide and me trying to organize their chaos. N took them for a bike ride. Last night we celebrated the last day of school with some fire works. They were thrilled with this surprise. The last day of school went very well. At 2pm I went up there and brought the teacher gifts. The teachers were grateful and happy with their scrapbooks. The kids were proud of their work. I couldn't believe the difference between first and second grade. I had kids come in the hallway in pairs. I took their picture and they signed a little card. First graders wrote a sentence, drew a picture or just signed their name. Second graders wrote small paragraphs. The things they wrote were too cute. One said "You're my third favorite teacher." then she added " I meant, I've had a great teacher every year." Another drew a picture of her and the teacher. There were lots of "you're the greatest teacher ever." It was a great day. My time is up.

No comments: