Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday's plans

Yesterday was low key at our house. After the kids big adventure to the lake the day before, they needed a relaxing day at home. Baby Girl was pretty fussy after her shots. We had plans to go up north to the lake with friends, but thunder storm warnings kept us at home. We did make a trip to the fabric store as a family. That was enough adventure in itself. We picked up slurpies on our way home and stopped at the movie store. We still have 6 movie coupons for free movies before the end of the month. We can only use two per day. The boys received them for good grades on their report cards. I didn't know they would get so many. Each boy got 12. Today, N set out with his boat early. We'll see if he's lucky like last week. This has become part of the summer routine, he going fishing on Friday morning. I may take the troops to a different library. They also have a summer reading program. Eight is almost done with his reading goals, guess I should have had him set them a little higher. They are doing great with their reading and I am thrilled. Four is eager to read. Baby Girl was able to sign up and participate too. This was very helpful. They all want to read to her, thus making reading a even more popular activity. No big plans for the weekend. We are invited to a BBQ at Azalea's on Saturday afternoon. I plan to make a pasta salad. Maybe I can get a baking treat done today too. Next week will be a busy one. Swimming lessons start on Monday as does vacation bible school. Six gets his warts removed on Tuesday. I still need to coordinate something with that. I don't want to take everyone to that appointment. I want Six to be the focus and have all my attention. We'll see who I can leave the rest of the group with. We're trying to work out a playdate for Wednesday. It will be a busy day with lessons and VBS, I hesitate to add more. They may join us at the pool, it's all still up in the air. The following week, N will have 10 days off! We're excited for some family time, though we don't have much planned. Lessons will continue that week. Six will have his first sleep over party. The 4th of July will be that week. This will be the first time in a VERY LONG time N is off. No parties scheduled this year. His family is having a BBQ the following weekend. We plan to attend. Looking forward to seeing many relatives and introducing Baby Girl to them. Only N's parents and one sibling have met her. Perhaps we'll head up to our favorite spot on Lake Huron during N's vacation. I love going up there. It's such a nice town. I hesitate with Baby Girl. I don't want the temp to be too hot for her. We'll just take it one day at a time. She's showing more personality each day. All smiles in the morning. She loves spending time with her siblings. We're enjoying her and all the new things she learns. I love her reaction to our smiles. She's adorable and we love her so very much.

No comments: