Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Catch up

Today we spent the morning at the park. The kids played and the moms visited. It was nice. Nearly each friend invited another friend. It was nice to get to know more new people in our community. When we came home, my children disappeared into the basement for awhile. I was able to make a few phone calls and catch up with some friends from TX. While waiting for my friends to answer, I wondered how things change. Time and space leave communication the key to keeping your relationship up to date. How do you go from talking to someone every day, to every week, to once a month, to every few months, etc. I was once so close with these girls, but now I don't even know what their kids look like. Those who live near my family are easier to keep in touch with and see during our visits home. Others, distance across the country makes it more difficult. I still can't believe it's been nearly 5 years since we were in Tx. I treasure each of these girls I was so close with at the various locations we've been. I hope to be in touch with them more in the future.

No comments: