Sunday, June 17, 2012

All you need is love

It's fathers day. I feel sad, we didn't give N the proper send off to work this morning. My head was pounding. The boys were awake and said a nice goodbye. After church, we picked up chicken from the grocery store. I sent N a text to see if we could bring some to him, but he had already ate. I know he took some old leftovers with this morning. Poor guy. Lousy lunch and no great breakfast. We did get donuts yesterday for him to take this morning, but the kids really wanted to make Eggs Benedict. I just didn't have the energy or ingredients. Our solution to redeem ourselves: we are making a chocolate cake. Chocolate isn't necessarily his favorite, but it's the only box I have. We have frosting. I'm not up for much more. The kids made little signs to put on the cake with messages to N. They of course had many great ideas for cake decorations. Ideas that would take hours of planning, decorating and coordinating. This was our simple solution. He will like it, everyone will be pleased. Our very own Cake Boss had quite the ideas as well. Someday I'll get that girl some fondant.

No comments: