Monday, August 1, 2011

Tic Toc

Tomorrow is our last day in MI for awhile. We head out to MN first thing Wednesday morning.
Today I did some back to school shopping. Different stores had different deals. I went to a couple and got a few things crossed off the shopping list.
A friend saved me today from a complex situation. I promised the neighbors I'd be here for Fed Ex and DHL to pick up their packages. This was arranged over a month ago. When it came right down to it, Five had his reading class today. All my luck, they would show up while I was driving him there. A person had to be here to release the packages. Azalea to my rescue! She was free for the afternoon and brought her girls to my house. They stayed while I drove him. Good news, they didn't come when I was gone. Funny thing, they both showed up almost within five minutes of each other around 1 pm. The kids played really well together and were hardly seen. Azalea and I had a nice visit. Five didn't want to go to his class. First thing he asked when I picked him up was if Azalea and her girls were still at our house. They played until N came home.
The night ended with a trip to the park to see our first flag football game. Five's friend E is turning six while we are gone. We will miss his party. E will miss Five's party too. We exchanged gifts at the park after the game. It was great. I really am bummed we didn't get to visit with them more this summer. The little brother is the cutest little thing. Hopefully we will see more of them once school starts.
Another end to a great day. Tomorrow is go time!

No comments: