Saturday, August 13, 2011

Adventures in Minneapolis Day One


We left Wednesday after work, a caravan of two. Grandma's van with Three, Five, Seven, Uncle DV, G, and myself. N followed in our car, filled to the max. 10 years later, I bring my wedding dress home.
We arrived on time and were able to meet my UND friend Vinca. Vinca and I have quite the history, leading similar lives. We both left the ND/MN area for awhile. We were married on the same day, but hers was a year later. She has two boys and a girl, all just a little younger than mine. We also experienced other similarities in 2009. The connection was altered with the birth of her fourth baby, a girl. I say altered because this sweet girl was born just after my niece. They too have a connection and the world just keeps spinning.

Daffodil met us to see Baby Orchid. It was great to see her. Stories were shared and ideas exchanged. A Moe cousin from my mom's side, Lantana, came to see us and the baby. Memories were exchanged from when I was little. She also brought a book for me to read, very exciting.
It was a great first night. My kids were out as soon as their heads hit their pillows.

No comments: