Saturday, August 20, 2011

Great Grandma

We spent some time with Great Grandma on our visit to North Dakota. I do not get to see her enough. She has been a role model and inspiration for me throughout the years. She came to stay with us when Seven was born. I am so thankful to have those memories and shared that time with her. She passed down wonderful recipes for great baked goods. I think of her often when I am baking. I try to call and write as much as I can, but recently I feel to have failed. With internet, its easier to communicate with everyone else, but sometimes those who are not online get left out. I used to be great at mailing cards and pictures. Hopefully that is something I can improve on in the months ahead.

We spent some time with Great Grandma on our visit to North Dakota. I do not get to see her enough. Sometimes the 2 + hour drive holds us back when we journey to MN. It's hard to put the kids back in the car after driving for days. We visited with her and swam at the local pool. The kids found frogs and toads in the yard. Someone in her apartment complex left a bowl of tootsie rolls out in the common area. I am afraid they need to replenish the bowl after our family went through. My cousins came to Great Grandmas for lasagna dinner. Oh, I almost forgot, Morning Glory met us there as well. It was so great to see her. She lives in the area and came to town to meet us at the pool. I didn't even get a picture of her and I. So disappointing. I hope to talk her into coming to MN to see us before we leave. I miss the days we spent together. We have so much in common and have made some great memories together. It's times like this when I realize how much I miss out on by being so far away. I like to think I'd see these people more frequently if I lived in the area. I did see Morning Glory a few times when we lived in MN. Time will tell. We are at our one week mark until we go back to MI. I hope to fit in as many visits as I can. My week is filling up! Should be a good one.

No comments: