Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday at Hugo's

N took the kids fishing. I washed the kitchen floor and walked up to meet them. It was close to lunch time. I knew it was only a matter of time before they got ugly from hunger. We walked to Hugo's for a drink and snack. Everyone was thrilled with their own root beer and a corn dog. We ran into Great Uncle Hnry and Great Aunt Mge. They are always fun to visit with. We saw them yesterday at church, too. Shocked to see we were still in town , I shared with them that we are hanging around for awhile. He said "the town will never be the same." : )
We walked down to the library and spent the afternoon there, reading books and playing on the computer. Upon our return home, Uncle DV said he'd watch the troops while N and I had a lunch date. I love the local Chinese restaurant, but it was closed. We went to the new Mexican restaurant instead. I had promised Uncle DV I'd bring him a dish from the China King. I called to see if he wanted something since we weren't eating Chinese, but he declined. Instead, we brought home stuff for blizzards. Uncle DV was thrilled. Three asked what "thrilled" meant. She's such a little word girl.
Rain in the future tonight. Might have to get creative with indoor activities.

No comments: