Sunday, August 21, 2011

Three belongs in the garden

During this trip, one thing I discovered is how much Three loves the garden. She is out there, just like it's her home. She tries any and all vegetables. She is eager to pick everything that is ready. Kitchen prep is also a favorite time for her. Grandma has her washing and cutting vegetables. The privilege of using a small knife makes her feel so big and important. It is amazing the amount of preparation that needs to be done to get a meal on the table. Training her early I guess, we will see how long she is interested. N loves to garden, too. I look forward to the day we can plant our own garden. I love how all we need from the store is the meat and we find the rest of our meal right outside our door. Three has discovered she loves fresh green peppers. She doesn't care for them cooked, but loves to eat them raw. She was thrilled with green beans too. Today we try our corn from the garden. We are also enjoying some from ND. Three came in with cabbage for me, green peppers, beans, potatoes, onion, cucumbers, and tomatoes. What a meal this will be. Grilled pork chops will make it complete. The only thing I feel is missing is the spinach. I hadn't realized how much I am used to eating spinach. We bought it once, but left the rest at Orchids. Hope everyone else has a great meal today! What a blessing to be with your family this Sunday afternoon.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Fresh from the garden is great. And good training for Three. Grandmas are such patient teachers!