Monday, December 13, 2010

Snow Day

First snow day of the year. Six had been waiting for weeks for the snow to fall. He was out early yesterday and today. I hope the mailman appreciated all my shoveling around the driveway, mailbox and road. I know as soon as a plow comes by, all will be shoved in the driveway again. Tried to clean it up so that doesn't happen.
Pulled out the games boxes and everyone has been happy and entertained until now. Six is now hounding me to open presents. We were supposed to have Christmas with N's parents yesterday. I told him we would open presents then because what his Grandma was giving him went along with our gift. She changed her mind and didn't coordinate, leaving the reason for the kids to open gifts a week early unnecessary. Now he is after me to open them. It's getting old.
We played outside, had hot cocoa and had a splendid round of hangman today. Loving the dry erase board! I listened to the giggles that came from a great round of Candy Land. Puzzles they hadn't seen in a very long time and Connect Four were also in the box. Left me wanting to attack the boxes in the basement and get organized for the garage sale in the spring. I will part with many items this year, as will the rest of my household. Still haven't cleaned the fish tank yet. Have to get that done. It's been on my list all month, but still staring me in the face each night I feed them. Poor Shinny, he's tail is nearly gone. The other two pick on him. They killed one of the bala sharks last year.
One week from today we will be on the road to our MN adventure! I have all our gifts ready to go in a bag. Need to make a list to be sure and get everything done in time. Will have to be organized if the in laws are going to come for Christmas the day before we leave. I hope they can make it, otherwise all my efforts to get gifts on time to that side of the family will be wasted.
Talked to both my siblings this week. Sure can't wait to see them. It's been too long.
What a relaxing, fun morning we have had. N made breakfast with the kids and lunch! I should get something done, but really do not have the motivation. I have cookies to frost, fish tank to clean, cookies to load up for giving, fish tank to clean, organize things for the trip, fish tank, laundry, change bedding and did I mention the fish tank? Guess I better get busy.

No comments: