Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Letter writting

Writing the Christmas letter, normally I task I do not mind. This year it turned into quite a production. I wrote a first draft, thinking I'll go back and fix it later. Turns out there wasn't much to fix and I did alright the first time around. Wanted to get it out early since we didn't really send one last year. Here we are on the 8Th and the envelopes are still piled up. This year we had printer challenges. Between two printers, we could not get either to work with new ink. So very frustrating. Four trips to stores in I don't know how many days, and N gave up. We are a no printer household. $12.99 for the first cartridge, which was returned; $17.99 for the next that just plain did not work and could not be returned; and finally $73.08 for multiple cartridges to a different printer that also would not work. The last ones were returned as well. With all that frustration, our letter was taken to a printers and we were happy to hand over our pretty paper and $8+change for our 65 pages of a Christmas letter. To another point, 65 cards, pictures, letters and stamps. I love doing this, but have to cut back to send only to the people who send to me. So many do it that way, but I have a hard time holding back for the people I know really appreciate it and don't do it in return. I am going to keep track of all the cards we get this year, and send to them only next year. My exceptions will have to be the Great Aunties in their 70's or older who can't send cards anymore. Actually, I may have cut some of them already. I just don't know how to handle it anymore. It's not just a simple task. I start, then they sit. I need some different addresses and people take forever to respond. It's rough. Where is the medium? Does anyone else have this problem? Alas, the job is done and the cards will go out tomorrow.
If you get one, consider yourself truly special! If you don't, sorry send me one next year. I'll add you to my list.

No comments: