Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Car is Loaded!

I am so proud of myself. I had the car loaded just around noon today! Can't take all the credit, Zinnia got it in with me. I had it all ready, waiting by the door. I didn't want to load it until after church this morning. We fed the kinds pancakes and loaded the car. Tortilla soup in the crock pot completed our task and I was ready for the in laws when they arrived.
We had a wonderful visit with them. The kids had a good time playing hangman in the living room. This dry erase board is really working out! Even Five can come up with a four word sentence for hangman!
I finished loading the car tonight, complete with coats and boots. We will just carry them to the car in the morning. I think I have everything, if I forgot, oh well. Looking forward to seeing many and having a wonderful time. Wish I could see more, but I'll take what I can get. It's hard with kids. Weather sounds rough for tomorrow. Praying for clear roads and happy kinds!
I was recently told I have a "cool group of kinds!" It's German for Kinder = Children. It's my new favorite phrase.
With the passing of Father Larry, I have decided to seize all opportunities. I had wanted to invite him over for a meal sometime, but never did. This inspiration comes from my great aunt. This is something she does on a regular basis. I love to have people over and regret not doing that with him. I also wanted to invite the youth director over, but that opportunity is also gone. He has moved on, out of town. Such a great guy at our church. My kids are really going to miss him.
Well, it's early and that means I should get to bed.
I'll try to keep posting while in MN!

No comments: