Monday, December 6, 2010

Five Amazes me

He reminds us to pray at meals and before bed. Tonight he was thankful for his family. It was so sweet the way he said it. At first, they were thankful for material things, Legos for example. Their thoughts have come a long way with the more prayer in our house, for that, I am thankful.
Six really took an interest in a learn to draw book I found. It is from my mom, she gave it to us last spring. It disappeared in the coloring book chaos and has made a come back.
They were thrilled to find candy canes in their lockers on their St. Nikolaus plates this morning. Mr. L didn't forget!
Three spent the day with us. Her daddy had the day off and was able to play a princess game of tic tac toe and card with her. They did puzzles and read books too. It was great, but I wish the boys could get that one on one with him. It is hard to work out with this crazy schedule. I am really looking forward to the holiday vacation ahead.
Three also went to bed no problems tonight. For some reason, she has been difficult with bedtime lately. As soon as I mentioned going to preschool tomorrow, she knows she needs rest and stays in her bed. The boys are chatting with each other as I type. I love how close they are, sharing experiences together. I am thankful they are right after each other in school. Five is reading and it is amazing! He has grown so much in the past few months. I am very proud of him. We have lots to work on and he has the desire to do it. He was thrilled when I finally put together all the little books he brings home. They are eager to read. It excites me.
Tomorrow will be day three of Extreme baking! Hopefully we get everything done, except for melting moments. I plan to do those later on, closer to the time of delivery. They are the most fragile of all the cookies. Better to save them to the end.
Illness has set in at school. I am just bracing myself for it to hit our house. I called to schedule a haircut for Three with my friend tonight, her daughter just got sick. I pray it either comes and goes quickly now, or we miss it all together. I hope we don't have to delay our trip to illness. We have had sick kids in the car in the past, not fun at all.
Praying for everyone to be healthy and happy in the next two weeks!

No comments: