Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I think I need more sleep

Tuesdays are always busy for us. Both boys go to school, then Three needs a ride to preschool. N and I run errands during the two hours she is there. We get all our grocery shopping done during that time. Can't believe what a luxury it is to go to the store and not take any kids. We get to multiple stores, it's great.
When I woke up, I felt that I had enough sleep. Now, later in the day, I think I was wrong. The busy afternoon got to me. I came home with Three from preschool and enjoyed some time with her. We read books and got the mail. Flyers came in the mail, one with coupons for the dollar store. I needed some birthday cards to get in the mail and decided that going to the dollar store before picking up the boys from school would take just enough time to fill the rest of the afternoon. I was positive my trip would be a success. My first clue should have been when I got in the car and thought it was later than what the clock said. We went to the store and found some things we needed. I was proud to use the coupons from the flyer. We don't use coupons much, unless they come to us. I do not get the paper or find coupons. It seems to be more work and a waste. We don't read the paper, waste to get it just for the coupons. Most coupons in the paper, I will not use. I have been buying the generic brand for many things and do not purchase name brand anymore.
Back to my dollar store trip, we get to the check out. We are happy with our trip. Three found some new hair ties and I got the whole family tooth brushes. I found a new brand of dried fruit I wanted to try along with some kids flossers. I also found a new facial cleanser to buy. It was on sale and I had an extra coupon that came in a booklet in the easy ups we bought earlier today. I asked the clerk if it would work on the cleanser, not knowing if the dollar store would take the coupon. She had to call someone to help her figure it out. Then she tried my other coupons, after the other clerk had already left. They did not work. The other clerk comes back and tells me I am at the wrong dollar store.
I wanted to cry. Here I was, trying to save and wasted my time and effort. She asked if I still wanted the stuff, I felt as though I had to say yes. People were waiting in line behind me. It took her long enough to get my first coupon situation figured out, I didn't know how long it would take to return everything. I walked out with all my items. I was so disappointed in myself.
My conclusion, never shop while tired. Get more sleep. Check with N before I head out to the dollar store. He drove up just as we were leaving. Not that he would have known I was heading to the wrong dollar store, but at least I wouldn't have only myself to blame.
This next part of my story, I am not sure I should publish. The ride home, I was frustrated with myself. Three is in the back seat trying to open her fruit snacks and I hear her say something. I thought maybe I was hearing things. I ask her what she just said, her response "nothing." Then I hear her again. She is saying dammit. Oh boy. I did not say it after the frustrating time I just had. She remembered it from somewhere. Seemed to be out of the blue. So...on with the show!
Once we were all home, N made me feel thankful. He helped Six with his school work. Now he is playing chess with them in the living room. We will eat soon and then Six has soccer. I have to teach RE later with Zinnia. Tuesdays are one of our busiest days.
We should all sleep good tonight.

No comments: